Monday, June 4, 2007

7 and 1/2 lifelong learning habits

Ah...the lifelong learning habits...


I guess I have some special feelings about the whole life long learning thing...I mean, that is one of the main reasons I am home schooling my children. I want to help them cultivate a love of learning that will carry on through their lives.
I think the easiest element for me is to "View Problems as Challenges". Questions, problems, etc are always divine opportunities for growth spiritually as well as logically. Also , "teaching others" has always encouraged me to keep on learning and also taking time to organize what I have learned into bite size pieces that are easy to share with others.
The hardest element for me is "beginning with the end in mind". Sometimes I am afraid to commit to a learning goal when I know that the outcome may not be fully accomplished to my satisfaction (ah..the pitfalls of perfectionism...). Knowing that goals can be modified as you go is very free-ing.

No comments: