Monday, June 18, 2007

Thing #23 The Final Thing

1.What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
One of my favorite discoveries was Flickr and the ability to share photos without emailing them. Also finding out that I still love learning and I can still have fun with technology.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? Maybe I am not as afraid as I was to play with new things. And also to not feel guilty for experimenting with new technology on work time -- all of this applies to our jobs in more than one way.

3. Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I was surprised that it wasn't as difficult or monumentous as I had anticipated looking at it from the beginning.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Wow...tough one. I will have to think about that for a while...Right now I would have to say it worked very well for me.
And last but not least…
5.If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Absolutely. I would participate. But just don't assume that I will ever get high speed internet at home?!?

6. How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program?
This was learning by immersion. I needed to get my hands, arms, and the rest of myself immersed in the Web 2.0. It was high time to know about it and experiment with it. I am hopeful that I will be able to be a resource for others--not because I feel like I can do it better or understand it all perfectly, but just to say if I can do it, so can you! We have to be willing to learn new things and move forward. I don't want to be ignorant of what is out there. It doesn't mean that I have to embrace all of these new things, but I do know about them and how they work now. I also have an opportunity to harness their powers for good instead of evil... (ha ha ha).

3 comments:

Alan Zuckerman said...

Whee Hah! Congratulations and good blogging.

dbanks said...

Hi Deidrah,

Your blog is awesome! I like the color and details you included.
Appreciate your example in forging ahead!
Deb B

IrmBrown said...

Congrats from me too. Good job and I'm so excited that you're continuing to blog. Go for it.